About the Dunstan Foundation
Understanding today gives greater hope for tomorrow.
The Don Dunstan Foundation, a charitable Trust, works with its University Partners in SA and throughout Australia to gain a deeper understanding of social justice issues and to share these understandings with the greater community to influence change.
Through its work and its partners the Foundation has the ability to reach a wide audience and strives to be a trusted voice for Australians who require advocacy and policy reform in order that they may live full lives.
A copy of the Foundation's Strategic Directions is available for download.
The supporters of the Don Dunstan Foundation are drawn together by a shared vision of a democratic society that celebrates the values which Don Dunstan wrote and which are:
- Cultural Diversity
- The freedom of individuals to control their lives
- A just distribution of global wealth
- Democratic and inclusive forms of governance
- The protection of human rights – including those of Australia’s Aboriginal & Torres Strait Island citizens.
These values shape the task of the Don Dunstan Foundation:
To inspire Australians with the wish, the judgement and the ability to influence decisions in favour of a fair, just and inclusive society.
The Foundation strives to promote:
- Understanding... achieved through reflection, conversation, meaningful dialogue and rigorous research.
- Sharing... the insights we gain through a range of public forums and events.
- Provoking... positive action on a local, national and international level to achieve change in areas that are serious, tough and worthwhile.
- Advocating... on behalf of people who, for any number of reasons, need to use another's voice to be heard.