About the Don Dunstan Foundation
The Don Dunstan Foundation was established in 1999 to bring together research, policy makers and community groups to meet social needs in South Australia.
The supporters of the Don Dunstan Foundation are drawn together by a shared vision of a democratic society that celebrates the values set out by our founder, the late Premier Don Dunstan:
- Cultural diversity
- The freedom of individuals to control their lives
- The just distribution of global wealth
- Democratic and inclusive forms of governance
- Respect for fundamental human rights
- Respect for indigenous people and protection of their rights.
First established in 1999 as a charitable trust, the Don Dunstan Foundation Ltd was incorporated as a Public Company Limited by Guarantee in 2016.
The Don Dunstan Foundation is a registered charity (ABN 71 448 549 600). All donations over $2 are tax-deductible.
Our strategic priorities are set out in our Strategic Plan 2016-2020.
- Exploring new ways to address homelessness
- Helping improve individual and community mental health
- Analysing the opportunities and challenges of migration
- Supporting Aboriginal economic development
- Examining new ways to enhance community development and participation, particularly through impact innovation and social enterprise.