Don Dunstan Foundation
Inspiring Action for a Fairer World
The Don Dunstan Foundation is a thought leadership organisation established to inspire action for a fairer world and to build on the legacy of the late Premier Don Dunstan.
We are a registered charity and focus on social justice issues through public events, collaborative projects and research. Our current areas of focus as set out in our 2016-2020 strategic plan, are:
- Exploring new ways to address homelessness, in particular with the focus on ending street homelessness in the inner city as part of the Adelaide Zero Project.
- Helping improve individual and community mental health primarily through a range of events (AdMental) and commissioning research.
- Analysing the opportunities and challenges of migration by supporting a Migration and Population Growth Network with the Committee for Adelaide and a Migration and Refugee Research Network (MARRNet) with a broad range of organisations.
- Supporting Aboriginal economic empowerment by working with the Leaders Institute of South Australia and reconciliation through our annual Lowitja O’Donoghue Oration.
- Growing the purpose economy in South Australia through the Thinkers in Residence Program that brings experts from around the world to help us develop a more purposeful economy that is able to achieve the highest levels of social, cultural and environmental impact.